Saturday, June 2, 2018

Second Time Blogging!- At Home with Serena

June 2, 2018

As May came to a close, things have happened at our house.

The other day, I got a rainbow bandana from Hot Topic.
I wore it for a bit until Serena saw it and asked if she could have it. She thought it was cute, and that she could use it as a blankie.
I thought it would be good for her, just as long as she let me wear it as a bandana every once in a while. So, we reached an agreement, and now... now she's making use of the bandana/blankie
from pretending to be a superhero like her idol LarryBoy (from Veggietales)...

to sleeping with it when she goes to bed.

Sometime later--actually, last night--last night was Ice Cream Night. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. Mind you, we haven't had ice cream in a while, because one, there was no reason to before we started having this heat wave in San Antonio, TX. And two, I recently missed having ice cream; and Blue Bell was calling my name at HEB.
So yeah, last night was Ice Cream Night. I added chocolate syrup to the ice cream, because I thought it would look good, and Serena was ALL FOR IT. To sum it up, we had fun with the ice cream.




Serena enjoyed the ice cream a whole lot.
"Napkin, please." -Serena

Mombo had come around last night too. Now, the thing with our talk over Subway sandwiches, that somehow got derailed because we didn't know what time to get the food. But Mombo made up for it by showing up at the house last night to have ice cream with us... EXCEPT she didn't get any.
"Alright! Who ate all the ice cream?!"- Mombo
"Was it you, Veronica? Do you eat all the ice cream? HUH?!" - Mombo

So with her going livid, I tried to figure out a way to calm her down. I asked her, "Hey, can you do an impression on my mom?"
Mombo stopped her pouting and then lit up, saying, "Sure, Veronica. I can do that... but I want a Vanilla Coke after this."
"Yeah, sure. Of course," I told her.
And... (giggling in the background) here's how THAT turned out... (Believe me, it's hilarious.)
"Hi, it's your mom. And I like caffeine." - Mombo, drinking an RC Cola.

"See my long hair? I call it a mane."
(Serena touches hair, and Mombo reacts)

Anyway, that got Mombo to stop being mad about missing out on ice cream.

She then proposed an idea for the blog: she called it "Mombo's Proverbos." She told me that she had a lot of wisdom to share... which is, when you think about it, amazing, because have you ever met a hand puppet who had such good advice? "I'ma make 'em funny," she said. So now, as part of this blog, Mombo will soon have her own segment (Eventually).

No comments:

Post a Comment