Thursday, June 7, 2018

Dessert and Bedtime with Serena

Blog #4
Yesterday I was having a Coffee Panna Cotta served with a splash of chocolate syrup and a side of Chips Ahoy cookies.
I got the recipe for Coffee Panna Cotta from Jacques Pepin's cookbook, Heart and Soul in the Kitchen,
and I had gotten into the habit of being creative in the kitchen ever since. The recipe only had the panna cotta itself; the chocolate syrup and cookies were my only additions to the dish.
Serena saw the dessert and wanted to try it... though she was more interested in the chocolate chip cookies than the actual dessert; but the food was enjoyable regardless.
(At least Serena didn't bounce off the walls, because of the panna cotta being coffee-flavored.)

Last night, I had tucked Serena into bed;
and Mombo was there to read a bedtime story... or The Joy of Cookies by Cookie Monster.
Mombo reading to Serena was nice and all but... I was wondering "Who reads to their kid at 1 o'clock in the morning?" We lost track of time last night, and I didn't look at the clock until around that time. Plus, Mombo kept asking me if the camera on the tablet was on so that she could document her reading to Serena. Here's the outcome of her doing just that...
As Serena fell asleep that night, I felt a little sad, because I wanted to be a mother someday, so that I could do things like this, like tuck my own child into bed.
I don't know--I just want that feeling of being loved and being looked up to. In fact, seeing Mombo and Serena makes me feel this way, because I want that- I want to be loved and looked up to.

TODAY...
I still think about wanting to be a mom. I think I could be a great mom someday. When that'll happen... I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment