Monday, June 18, 2018

Father's Day Weekend with Serena (2018)

Blog #6

This past weekend was Father's Day, and... well, my dad was out of town. So what other way to spend this weekend than with Serena and Mombo.
Thursday, June 14, 2018
(Okay, technically this is NOT part of the Father's Day weekend, but... we still had fun)
Serena and I played the LarryBoy and the Bad Apple video game on our PlayStation 2.
Like me, Serena likes this movie; and we both fangirl over LarryBoy.

LOL!
Serena kept winning on the minigames like Darts, but I was better at the Memory minigame.


The only time that Serena got frustrated was during the cutscenes, because there was no way to skip past them in the game--basically you would have to sit through the cutscenes.
Serena: "You can't skip through this! Grrrr!!!"

And the only times that Serena freaked out was when the Bad Apple came on screen. And boy did she freak out…
She went as far as calling out the Bad Apple for being horrendously evil.
Serena: "Don't listen to her! Shame! Shame on the Bad Apple, shame! SHAME!!!"
Anyway, we played through the first stage of the game, where LarryBoy is trying to escape his chocolate temptation.
Me: "Swoop in and BAM!"
And Serena helped.

Me: "Oooh! Ugh! Seriously! Serena, really?!"
Me: "Go ahead, Serena." (helping me with the buttons)
And then we get to the Boss Battle, where we have to maneuver LarryBoy on top of number-labeled cookies, while the Bad Apple counted up to 9 and stopped on a certain number.
Trust me, it's a lot harder than it seems when you actually play it.
(The Bad Apple counts off as we take LarryBoy to Number 4)
Me: "Well, that's easy!" (Us getting LarryBoy to Number 9 in two seconds!)
(We win, and the Bad Apple swears revenge)
Long story short, Serena and I gave the Bad Apple what-for!
Me: "Oh my gosh! Wow! We did it! We showed her, Serena! We showed her!"

Saturday, June 16, 2018
Mombo came by and hung out for a while. She was even nice enough to serve me a can of Sprite.
Mombo can be nice... I just wish that she would stop messing with the camera sometimes.
Mombo: "Can you see me in here?"
Meanwhile, Serena was upset because I had promised her that we would watch a Barney video on YouTube, and I forgot.
Serena: "You promised me Barney!!!"
So we watched a video (some random episode), and I rock Serena to sleep afterwards.


Sunday, June 17, 2018
Did you know that Serena had two brothers?
The right foot is Piggy, and the left foot is Pugsy.
Both of them played with a wind-up Android that I had gotten from a job fair back at UIW (a few years ago).
And then they test-drove the Larrymobile for a little bit, which was cool.

Today...
I've been thinking about buying a camcorder, so that it would be easier to make videos, especially for the SerenaTalksALot series. Not that I can't do the series with a tablet... but it would still be nice to have a camera that's handy, and not a struggle to hold onto while filming. I don't know... maybe when I save enough money, I can buy a camcorder.

Sources:
LarryBoy and the Bad Apple PS2, Crave Entertainment, Big Idea Entertainment, 2006.

No comments:

Post a Comment