Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Blog #3: Job Searching and Pinball

June 6, 2018
My days have been spent on looking for a job. Every day, I would turn to either my tablet or my computer and look for work.
The other day, Serena was with me at the computer. She asked me, "Whatcha doin'?"
"Looking for a job, why?" I said.
"What about Chuck E. Cheese?" she told me. "Why not work there?"
"Well..." I thought back to last year when I had a job interview at Chuck E. Cheese to be a gameroom attendant, and how the company never contacted me back afterwards. But I decided to be honest and tell her, "I applied for a job there once, Serena, but they never called me back."
"Well, try again," she insisted, softly nudging me. "Maybe Chuck E. Cheese will want you this time."
So I went over to the Chuck E. Cheese website, and I applied for the same position as last time (I wanted to have wanted to select Showroom Attendant/Party Host, but the site wouldn't let you choose both that and gameroom attendant).
Afterwards, I let Serena play with the mouse... until she started banging it on the bed. I told her to stop.

Later that night, we played on my tablet. We played a pinball game called Zen Pinball, where it gives you a selection of tables to play on (there's only one free table; the rest you would have to buy as in-app purchases). We played one called "Sorceror's Lair."
That one is fun--the ball going through a haunted castle with ghosts, skeletons, spiders, the works!
Serena would yell every time somebody spoke in the game... even when the main characters were talking. I'd be like "Come on, Serena. They're the good guys." I was operating one flipper button, while Serena was using the other one. We scored so many points that it didn't matter if we had beaten my high score or not.

Sources:
"Sorceror's Lair." Zen Pinball. Zen Studios, Sony Computer Entertainment, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment