Saturday, July 14, 2018

Serena's Evening in the Dark

Blog #7

This evening was... interesting, to say the least.

I was about to write a new blog post, but I had to get to a stopping point on a drawing project that I'm going to enter in a fan art contest (more on that in the future). But then, the lights flicker, and everything shuts off. (This was at a few minutes til 7:00 PM CST.) Yep. We had a power outage. However, luckily it didn't last long, because the power came back on at about 7:43 PM (I know this because I immediately checked my alarm clock to see if I needed to change it to the correct time).

Now, during the time that we had the power outage, Serena and her family had mixed reviews.
Serena was asking me what was going on. "What happened? What happened?" she asked me.

"It's okay, Serena," I told her. "It's just a power outage."

"Aaaaagh!" (I don't know why she screamed like that.)

I told her that there was nothing to be afraid of, and I asked her to check on her twin brothers, Piggy and Pugsy.
They were watching a movie on my tablet.
The boys became fussy when they saw that they couldn't watch their movie because of the outage.
Believe me, they didn't like the dark either.

Meanwhile, Mombo was chilling with a Cherry Coke,
and didn't understand what the fuss was about.
Mombo: "I don't see why this is such a problem."
Mombo: "Back in my day, we didn't have any electricity."
Me: "Come on, Mombo! You aren't even that old!"

Anyway, the power got fixed, and I'm going back to my project. The deadline for the project is on Wednesday, July 18, 2018; and I'll be sure to give you more details on it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment